Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vintage Ombre

I'm still learning to juggle all the things I have going for myself... Working as a hairstylist... Trying to start my crochet and knitting business... Creating a blog... Facebook page... Also, promoting and networking my day job so I don't go broke focusing too much of my time on things like this!!

Sometime around summer of last year, maybe almost fall... I can't really remember since our seasons seem to be falling into others. When certain months should be cold is nearly 100 degrees outside. Well, my friend Adam was in his grandma's garage and had found a box of unused yarn. He called me up and asked if I wanted it! First thing he said, " I smelled it and it smells like a craft store, so it's still good!"

I was pretty stoked just to get the yarn, but once I opened it I was even more excited. Unused yarn from the 70's still with their packaging wrapped around them. I was in love with the labels, just as much as the colors. Pinks, greens, reds... So many! The colors are just different from today. They definitely don't make them like this anymore! (Which has got me on the hunt for more vintage yarn.)

Today, I finally decided to make something. Feeling inspired by love and Valentine's Day... And my recent obsession with ombre. I made this little beauty... (A better and further away picture will be posted later, I just couldn't wait to post!)



(iPhone = instant gratification; can't it all be that way?)

No comments:

Post a Comment